Those are the kinds of words you want to see in an assessment from the National Theatre– and we’ve got them!
We received a glowing assessment from our recent production of The Boy Preference – here are a few of the more headline grabbing comments…
- ‘Brilliant decision to have a chorus of girls which has a huge impact’
- ‘Terrifying chorus’
- ‘The chorus work is brilliant’
- ‘Wonderfully detailed props throughout’
- ‘Inspired use of sound, lighting and design’
- ‘Really well thought out’
- ‘Loved the handing of flowers’
- ‘The fight in scene 2 is brilliant – fantastic and genuinely shocking’
- ‘The extreme heat impetus…really brought out the sense of muddied thinking and extremity of events’
- ‘I loved the staging of the dive’
- ‘The costumes are great’
- ‘The sunglasses are ingenious’
The development notes are in the vast majority technical: suggestions for different exits/entrances and a few lighting/sound tweaks.
As far as the performances go, again suggestions for how a few minor things might be handled differently which we can work on, but there are no real criticisms at all!
So good news on all fronts – there are things we can do to make it better (I don’t disagree with any of his suggestions) AND it’s pretty darned good as it is! And if you look at the things he really liked, these ideas came from all sorts of people/places – so a genuine team effort.
Well done everyone!!!